Department Policies & Procedures


Registration Fee Refunds and Credits

(adopted by the Recreation Committee 12/9/2015)

  1. Policy Statement: It is the intention of the Walpole Recreation Department to offer recreational programs that are self-supporting. Because the Recreation Department incurs expenses to hire staff, purchase supplies and materials, and contract other expenses in preparation of a program, the department cannot offer full refunds.

  2. Policy Description:
    Full refunds are not given. Exceptions:Partial refunds may be issued upon request; however a 20% administrative fee of the overall program cost will be deducted for each participant. The remaining 80% balance will be refunded to the participant by check within 7-10 business days. No refunds will be issued without 48 hours’ notice prior to the start of the program.
    Full credits will automatically be issued for use toward the cost of a future Recreation Department program. Credits are non-transferable and non-refundable. There are no partial credits.

    • Program cancellation by the department.

    • Medical hardship. A letter of request along with proof from qualified medical professionals must be received 7 days prior to the start of the program and serve as sufficient proof of hardship.